Candle Safety 101 - Learn the Basic.
Burning candles is very therapeutic especially when you are looking at the melting wax. However, there are certain do's and dont's that we have to adhere to.
1. Always burn within sight and do not leave the lighted candle unattended. Fully extinguish flame when there is no one around to monitor.
2. Place candle away from curtains, items that can catch fire, children and pets.
3. Trim wick to 1/4 inch to ensure steady flame and no uneven burning. If flames becomes too big or visible soot, extinguish flame and trim wick.
4. Place lighted candle on a stable surface to avoid topple. Best to use a coaster to safeguard your table top from heat stains.
5. Do not burn candle for more than 4 hours. Best to balance ventilation with natural air. Containers can become very hot and also to avoid glass cracks.
6. Use wick dipper or snuffer to properly extinguish flame. Blowing off the wick may cause hot wax to splatter to yourself/ furniture (you won't want to injure yourself or stain your freshly-wiped furniture!) and give out smoke-filled smell.
7. DO NOT SLEEP WITH YOUR CANDLES LIT!!